Sunday, April 15, 2012

What coffin?

One of the lab machines breakdown. While the service engineer gets his job done I stayed in my office which is next to the lab. I was the only one in office that day. Around 6.40p.m, the telephone suddenly rang. I wondered who will be calling office at time like this. I picked up the phone & heard a man's voice. Without hesitate, he went straight forward by introducing his name & details:-

Hj Jamil: My name is Hj Jamil. Is this armstrong that builds coffin? I want to place an order for one standard size coffin that will be delivered to Indonesia tomorrow by airplane."
Me: I beg your pardon, coffin...what coffin?
Hj Jamil: I am a coffin maker but I got problem handling this one because i have no experience in making this kind of coffin. It has to be bigger than usual one. I need to get it by tomorrow because it's quite urgent. Can you build it?
Me: I'm sorry En Jamil, I think you dialed a wrong no. This is armstrong auto parts but we didnt make coffin. I repeat, we produce auto parts not coffin. Sir, you had dialed a wrong no.
Hj Jamil: Wrong no? I got this no. from website. It said "Armstrong Funeral Service - 04 ******". I dont think I could have dialed a wrong no. You can check on your own.
Me: En Jamil, i'm telling you the truth. We have our own website & we dont do funeral service.
Hj Jamil: Really? I see, coffin & auto parts are two different things. It cannot be...but ...nevermind. Sorry for trouble u. But...
Me: It's ok.
Hj Jamil: Well, thank you...
Me: Ur welcome

Note: I cant help myself laughing for the entire day & did sms all my friends about it. Haha, that was hilarious.

No comments: