Sunday, June 26, 2011

Drama

I think I enjoyed movie with genre drama for the past 2 months. Believe it or not, they not spoil me as a movie fan. In fact i did enjoy watching these two period movies:

Last month I bought myself couple of dvds. One of them is Water for Elephant starring Reese Weetherspoon, Christoph Waltz & Robert Pattison. The story is about young man, Jacob who survive his new life after his parents death by joining traveling circus during the Depression just to keep living. There were some drama including fighting, jealousy, romance, sadness, happiness & so on. I must say it was unexpectedly good drama directed by Francis Lawrence which based on one of the best selling novel in U.S. I enjoyed watching Christoph Waltz the circus owner & also Reese's husband who's getting mad when he find out Jacob (Robert) has secret affair with his wife. The elephant was doing ok :)

Water for Elephant

Another one is HBO's drama Mildred Pierce directed by Todd Haynes starring Kate Winslet, Guy Pearce & Evan Rachel Wood premiered in USA last March. Kate is Mildred, a newly divorced woman who struggles to achieve a new life with her bad daughter & lover during the depression in 1930s. Mildred's unreasonable devotion to Veda is something that I cant accept. In fact it's unacceptable. But it does happen in Mildred Pierce. Citer anak omputih kurang ajarrr tahap gaban. So kurang ajarrrr....mak dia punya baik pun dia xheran. I watched this in April via online & these 5 episodes drama did amaze me with its set & costume plus 5 stars acting by Winslet. The young Veda impressed me so much. So does Melissa Leo & Mare Winningham...awesome cast! I heard Astro already premiered it this month.

Mildred Pierce 2011

No comments: