Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Absent-Minded Grandmother

She's probably at her late 70s. In her old age, she sometimes does silly things. Some people called it senile. To me, she is just absent minded. The other day she came to me saying she cud not find her towel & believed someone had took it. She had been searching all over the place for it & still cudnt find. When I looked for it, it took only 1min for me to search for her towel. She actually hung it in another room & forgot it. She expressed her surprise, "My mistake she said".

She keeps misplacing some of her personal items. She always keep asking us the same question again & again without even realize that she had just being told the same thing abt 5minutes ago. In short, she is absent-minded & very forgetful. But one thing special abt her, she can still remember what happen in the past 20~30yrs ago. Hmm...tht's amazing. Not only happen to my grandma, I believe u guys out there have this kind of experience too with old ppl. Amazing it is...

Nothing I can do except to help her as much as I can & listen to whatever she might want to say. She cant afford to walk too much & I remember bring her to Jusco & had to rent a wheelchair from the information counter. We were there to buy her raya shoes as her favorite one is Bata. She did enjoy the wheelchair very much as she didnt have to walk at all. Hmm...

Latest pic of grandma...

Note: I think me sometime forgetful as well :)

No comments: